Author Topic
Page: of 3

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 14 2014 :  4:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That critter is bred. Bulls really are a good way to go. Been working since the dawn of cows!

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2014 :  5:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I sure hope so Ron!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 14 2014 :  5:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My money would be on the bull. Lol..

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2014 :  10:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty confident in Beau Vine...but since it's Clover's first time to breed, I always wonder if something would be wrong with her. I am always wondering with my first time does, too. But, we've had Clover checked out thoroughly with WSU vet school so there is nothing obvious. Only another day or so...

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 15 2014 :  1:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rule 1. Don't worry.
Rule 2. Don't worry.

๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  1:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And...this morning MaryJane was so kind to jot off a quick email to me saying that Clover has not yet shown any signs of heat! How fun is that? She's been so regular in her heat cycles that I'm starting to get very excited here thinking that we'll have a new little calf come September 2015!! So, thank you MaryJane for letting me know! Beau Vine is great!

Go to Top of Page

chives

313 Posts
Victoria
Shelton WA
usa

Posted - Dec 16 2014 :  8:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has to be one of the most exciting moments, knowing your cow is going to have a little clover bud.

A cow is the heart of a farm
Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  04:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Clover bud," How cute is that? I'm so excited for you Charlene!
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  04:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe calf booties for hooves? I think we have a little calf in the making. Congratulations to Clover and her family!

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  05:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And let's not forget the Bull in all this. ๐Ÿ‚

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  06:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, what to get a bull? Another heifer or cow? A muffler? If he lives at MaryJanes, I'm sure he has all he needs. Cows too. :)

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  06:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bulls and men. A bale of hay a cow and some peace and quiet!

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  09:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the idea of a little "Clover Bud"! And, I get to go pick up Clover on Friday afternoon...we are considering Clover bred, thanks to Beau Vine! And September 4th is circled in bright red on my MaryJane's farm calendar! This is my Christmas present and I love it.

Ordered some Bragg's apple cider vinegar on-line last night (Walmart was cheaper than Amazon, free shipping, and I ordered in bulk!). Clover's abode will be all set for her...even a new salt rock. She'll probably be lonely after visiting with all of MaryJane's cows but we'll have to make up for it.

Calf booties would probably be quicker to knit than a whole Jersey sweater, Janet! But I'm not a fast knitter so I might have to settle for a bow.

So many things to be thankful for this morning and always! More than I deserve!

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  9:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Clover is back home and is lonely...here she was coming out of her shed to greet me. I spent a long time with her brushing her out and just reassuring her today. What a love she was! She almost fell asleep.

She was not too pleased with me when I had to leave...just stared at me and mooed. Like a child who doesn't want you to stop reading their night time story...just one more, please?

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  06:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlene that cow needs a buddy for sure!

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  09:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree but there are no solutions presently! Are you suggesting another cow?? I can't afford to purchase another cow unfortunately. I wish we had more fencing suitable for goats and I would put a goat or two in with Clover...but four strand wire fences will not keep my goats contained. And the field for my goats is much too small to put Clover in with them. So.... Clover does have a horse to visit with over the fence, but I cannot put them together as the horse chases Clover. Maybe music piped into her shed? Or another cow mooing sweet nothings to her...oh, I know, we just need to get a recording of Beau Vine mooing for her!

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  10:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish I was a little closer I would dump a playmate in for Clover to play with. Just about time fir Betsy to go on Her own! Lol..any nice places for sale by you guys? Been looking around the area but not sure what I am looking at area wise.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  2:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come to Idaho! There's always places for sale, but selection can be limited (less the farther away from town you are)...you'd have to look it up and search for land or farmstead around Moscow, Idaho. If you head north or northeast of Moscow, there is more timberland, rather than farmland. Look at areas near Deary, Troy, Potlatch, Kendrick, Idaho, or north of there...can be remote, but you seem to like that part! Or Grangeville, Idaho, is about 2 hours south of us and that might have some places. I'll have to ask my husband as he is out and about all the time and he might know of something. Moscow is right on the border between Idaho and Washington, so you might check out eastern Washington, too. More cowpanions in the neighborhood, the better!

Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  3:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been looking at some places close to Moscow as well as some of the areas you mentioned. Just need to be around where I can have accesible services for Elaine and still maintain some form of life! Lol..

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  8:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ron, you can email me if you want to ask about accessible services...I am familiar with that mode of things with our daughter and can possibly point you in the right direction. Most of our daughter's specialty doctors are in Spokane, WA, just 80 miles north of us. They have great medical resources and most of them even have specialty clinics held down in the hospital in Pullman, WA, eight miles from Moscow. But we really enjoy Moscow's community!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: