She’s all mine!
 AppleButter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2016 :  6:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are my Butter pictures. She is doing very good. I do need to make sure she gets a bit tamer.
This one is my favorite.

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2016 :  6:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty girl! Love the dark and light markings around her eyes. And do work with her ... it won't get easier as she gets older! I'm speaking from experience ...

Sydney, you have a beautiful Jersey girl! And, this year you'll be able to start thinking about breeding her! Wahoo!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2016 :  8:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She has really grown up to a beautiful girl, Sydney. I can see why she inspired your quilt block. You did really well reproducing her in fabric. :)
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  03:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty Jersey girl that AppleButter. I concur with Charlene, start working with her more, daily if you plan on milking this little miss in the future. The bonding is sooooo important. Thank you dear girl for posting her picture so we may all share in your joy.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

Edited by - NellieBelle on Jan 29 2016 03:57:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  04:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice looking girl Sydney

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  04:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for an updated photo on your little AppleButter, Sydney! She must be so much fun for you. I always tell people that raising/training a milk cow is identical to raising/training a dog. They both require a huge amount of time/patience if you want a good outcome. Now that you have your little pup, you're going to be even busier.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  2:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone! She is fairly tame, just gets sort of snobby everyonce in a while. She is so silly while taking her picture! I have some hilarious ones from this summer!

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  6:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gorgeous sydney!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

chives

313 Posts
Victoria
Shelton WA
usa

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  6:36:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sydney, She is just beautiful.

A cow is the heart of a farm
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  06:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you! She can be so silly(as you see in the last two pictures)!

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  10:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the silly pictures are the most fun! Shows the personalities and the joy we get from our animals!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  5:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
every time now i see this post active now i have to say "butter butt" out loud! he he he

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  7:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too! Every time I type it I say the same thing! I was typing earlier and was pretty much laughing saying Butter Butt.

Go to Top of Page

Andrea0509

155 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  9:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sydney she is just SO adorable! Thanks for sharing your pictures of her :)

Hobby farming with my husband & two kids in beautiful Michigan ~ 1 Jersey; Miss Persimmon, 2 Olde English Southdown ewes; Lula & Clementine, and chickens to come Spring 2016. Loving the adventure!
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: