New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  05:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is! You are supposed to spray it on your clothes, but I'm sure the animals could use it too!

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  06:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sydney, good pick for a State Fair project. No wonder you got a purple ribbon. Thanks for the recipes. Fortunately for us here in N. Idaho, we don't have the ticks that carry Lyme disease, but we do have the Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever tick.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2016 :  8:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lemon eucalyptus is a wonderful mosquito repellant too. I use it in MJ's recipe for fly spray with good luck as well.
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  08:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a goat milk lotion that I put several different essential oils in and the lotion repels ticks, bugs and mosquitoes. My goat friend who hikes every day with her goats uses the lotion and has not gotten a tick yet while using it. A few times she forgot to use the lotion before her hike and those times she has gotten a tick or two.

I just may need to add some lemon eucalyptus ... I like the smell myself anyway!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  3:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you! I love essential oils and use them all the time when I need to!

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: