New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  09:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband would say he is the dishwasher at our house, too. I think it is one of those things we share a lot, but if I am cooking I don't feel bad if someone else does the dishes. Let's hope he's still holding up well for it at 70. I'm learning that I feel better about the whole process if I constantly keep my counter clean and don't ever leave dirty dishes until later. Otherwise I find that when I wake up in the morning they are still where I left them. (No dish fairies I guess.) I'm learning to manage my smaller counter space at this house. I traded a bigger kitchen at my old house for a smaller one here with a pantry room. At some point the previous owners turned a small bedroom into a pantry. Every time I go in there it makes me want to sing! So if I have keep my kitchen less cluttered, then I guess that's good for everyone. No complaints!

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  08:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keeley,
I timed myself yesterday. I was able to completely take apart and clean my NuPulse (including running brushes through all the orifices) and have it loaded in the dishwasher in 16 minutes. That 16 minutes also including straining and then putting 3 gallons of milk into my 4 gallon thermizer. I had all the cleaning done and dishwasher started well before the milk was done (takes about 25 minutes to get that much milk up to 150 degrees), so I ran over to the barn to do a bit more sorting. Came back, put the milk into 1/2 gallon bottles. Put them in our make-shift cooler to bring the milk down to 39 degrees within two hours. Went off again while it cooled. Came back, put the bottles in the fridge. Ashley came at 5:30 am this morning to make it into cheese!

The next time I use my EZ Milker, I'll time myself and let you know.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  12:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: