A1 vs. A2—all the RAGE!
 Testing Facititles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

tracylea.henrie

14 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  3:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking to have a cow tested for A2. Where would I have that done? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We offer that service as part of an animal's registration. You can read more about that here:
https://www.heritagejersey.org/registration.aspx

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

tracylea.henrie

14 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2016 :  8:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mary Jane. It was for a cow that I was considering buying. So I went with UC Davis. They had the results back to me in the same week that the hair sample was sent in. So if anyone ever wonders about them, they seem to be on top of things!
By the way, she was A2/A2 and I will be picking her up this coming Tuesday!! Henrie Family Farms first dairy cow!! So excited!
Go to Top of Page

GingerBKelly

274 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2016 :  10:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is exciting. I'd like to have my cow tested. So, all you need is a hair sample? Well well! I should have her registered too. Can they be registered at any age?

~Ginger Kelly, Kelly Homestead Apiary, Charlton, MA~

gingerbkelly@gmail.com
When a cow laughs, does milk come out her nose? ~Author Unknown

Check us out on FB: https://www.facebook.com/KellyHomesteadApiary/
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2016 :  6:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations tracylea.henrie on getting your first family dairy cow! Do you have a name picked yet?

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2016 :  8:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Ginger, your cow could be registered with HJO as well as her calf. Once you've filled out the registration requirements, we will send you a hair sample kit with instructions. We'd love to have you join us!

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: