Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 3

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  11:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had to share my newest view of Clover!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  12:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jimmy Durante!

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  2:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah-Cha-cha-cha!

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  8:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clover's Schnozzola is a very cute one! Jimmy Durante has nothing on my Clover! :-)

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  11:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
charlene thats gorgeous!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  08:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She has quite the personality, doesn't she?
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  9:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clover does have a big personality ... I enjoy her inquisitiveness a lot!

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  3:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlene. I saw this painting and thought of Clover from the photo you took the other day. I think she has been slipping away to some artist studio to be painted. Hmmmm?

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  3:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spitting image really. You always find the best cow paintings, Janet. I have two that you've found. Charlene, don't you think you need one for the wall of your someday barn? You know what they say, Adorn it and it will come.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  3:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They both have the same sweet innocent face don't they?

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  11:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Janet, you found the painting that matches Clover's expression almost perfectly! Where did you find this? I'd love to find a copy of it ... as I do believe that it should be in my barn like MaryJane said! Now to find one that matches sweet Betsy! Ready, set, go! Janet! :-) You most definitely find the best pictures!

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  1:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlene, I saw the painting on eBay. I think it's in Hong Kong if I remember correctly. It was listed under Modern Art Home Modern abstract animal oil painting.

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  2:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
However Charlene, I found another painting at Fine Art America of a painting called Sweet Jersey Cow that's just as sweet, just in case the other is too hard to come by. :)

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  3:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlene, picture perfect shot on today's thread of pregnant Clover looking off into the future. We've discovered that haze makes for good photos when the sun is out. It's the perfect filter. Glad to know the fire isn't ravaging homes.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  5:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Janet, I like the second one even better and started exploring that site.
http://render.fineartamerica.com/images/images-print-search/images-medium-5/sharing-secrets-barb-pennypacker.jpg
This picture reminds me of an actual photo that I have of Betsy kissing Clover!

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  1:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Humble has a protective mama!

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  2:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clover and Humble are looking mighty fine Charlene.

Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  6:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats so precious charlene!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  9:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlene, I know there were times when you wondered if you'd ever look out your kitchen window to see such a perfectly iconic scene. Gorgeous pic. Gorgeous cow and calf. Kudos. What a huge accomplishment.

On another thread you asked about hot water heaters. If your new barn has a heated room so that water pipes won't freeze, install the biggest electric hot water heater you have room for. Mine is a little 4 gallon model. It's adequate and I make due because I have limited electricity on that side of the farm, but some day I'd like to get a bigger one.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  08:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MaryJane, you are so right. I'm so thankful to still be where we are at and to have such a scene right outside my window. Last evening I was watching little Humble and Clover actually play with one another. Those joys fill my heart with such a peace.

Good to know about the water heaters. I do have a room that will be heated so I will try for a bigger water heater. The water is not currently pressurized going to that barn; however, I'm told that it will still work, just need to mount the tank on a high shelf and let gravity do its work. Do you think that a tankless water heater would be a better option?

Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  7:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we are converting to tankless water heaters everywhere. we moved to our first one 8 years ago, a full size house model - we would never go back. reduced electric bill and just makes us feel good not to continuously reheat water until it is used. and if your name is lover boy it might be advantageous so you can take a ridiculously long shower without ever running out of water. but i digress.

but we use the gas models as the electrical load for a tankless water heater the size we wanted was too much. that's my non-electrician take on what lover boy explains to me.

so if y'all do gas out in your neck of the woods you might want to look into that option. we have a smaller size tankless for the summer kitchen/milking parlor. can't wait.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  1:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today we are separating Clover and Humble for longer periods of time to begin the weaning process.

Clover has been pathetic! I burst out laughing this morning as I looked out the window while Clover was mooing her little heart out. Both Betsy and Mr. Tony were calmly standing staring at Clover ... just staring at Clover, the drama queen.

It cracked me up.

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  2:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I separated Fanci and Finnegan today for the first time for three hours. And so it begins. But I lucked out, neither one of them cared one bit. Finnegan curled up and slept and Fanci went off to be milked and then mingle with the girls. We'll see if that continues. Hang in there Charlene. It's called tough love. Or maybe ear plugs.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  8:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't mind listening to Clover. It still amazes me that although she was a bottle baby, she is still such a good mama. She definitely was more vocal than Humble. But it is time to start getting serious about weaning!

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2015 :  09:07:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clover is the drama queen! She was staring at the house (not Humble) and would moo if she saw me. Betsy is standing in the background just looking at her, "Really, sis'? Must you carry on this way?"

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2015 :  09:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reminds of what I heard Adria say to Stella and Mia recently, "Cousins, please!"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: