New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

TonyMan

12 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  7:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard of this site:
www.americanmicrodairies.org?
I found it when I was searching the web on general dairy layouts for our dairy barn. It seems like a good resource. I just had not heard of it before and was wondering if any of you guys had?

Blessings

TonyMan

Edited by - TonyMan on Jan 19 2016 8:41:33 PM

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  9:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They've had a name change to Alternative Dairy Initiative but it looks like they're still around ... somewhat. Here's their Facebook page for starters:

https://www.facebook.com/americanmicrodairies?ref=hl

and more about the name change. It's the non-profit branch of BobWhiteSystems:

http://bobwhitesystems.com/blogs/blog/34650629-introducing-the-new-alternative-dairy-initiative

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  09:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Familiar with BobWhite systems, but handy to have the new alternative dairy initiative american micro dairies handy too. Thank you both!

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  6:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my first thought is that not much effort has been put into it. there are only a couple of states listed, and no dairies for texas. we are a raw milk state, but we can only purchase raw milk ON the farm - so a great state to list on a site such as this. there are other sites and tons of texas dairies listed.

not that it couldn't be moving toward something powerful, just not there at this point.

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

Caren

168 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  11:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thank you for the information about the connection to Bob-White. I buy most of my dairy supplies from Bob-White and always find them very knowledgeable. They also started offering lab services which is so great.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: