Barnyard Buddies
 Robins in January?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  07:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I've said I can't believe the numbers of Robins that have been hanging around. In a way I'm flattered, as there are lots of food sources planted here and lots of shelter, but seriously, in the coldest part of winter. I'm just finding it hard to believe. A few starlings hanging with the robins too. ?

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  08:21:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spring is coming...

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  08:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know Ron, but I figured a couple more months of cold, at least. Somethings up. Perhaps...

Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  09:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe they know it is a light winter and spring is truly coming early. makes me wonder...

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  09:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If only. Now I get it! Cindy is not only sending warm air, but the robins too. Thanks dear, we'll take it. ;)

Edited by - NellieBelle on Jan 16 2016 09:31:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  2:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Cindy's not careful, we'll all be caravanning down to her farm! All us crazy cow people with their cowpanions to enjoy the outside milking parlor, green grass, pond ... only if the snakes can be sent north for a visit! :-)

I've seen several flocks of pheasants around here .. not a sign of spring. But I had to laugh when one flock had one female with five males ... competition, for sure! Then the next flock was two females with three males ... don't the males know that isn't very good odds for them? :-) In another month or so, we'll see huge flocks of robins ... such an encouraging sight even when there is snow still on the ground. It's the promise ...

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: