New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

kadebg1988

128 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  7:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Valentine had her little heifer calf this morning. wanted to share some pictures of the little Beauty.

Mike

1667 Posts
Mike
Argyle WI
United States of America

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  9:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi MOM.....way to go Valentine. AI or live cover?
Go to Top of Page

kadebg1988

128 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  12:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is the result of live cover. Her sire is our bull Adam. all of our cattle can be seen at www.upperdiamondfarm.weebly.com
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  03:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! You must be so happy! What a darling little calf. Will be waiting to hear what you named her. Glad everything went alright. Thank you for posting the picture and giving us the birth announcement. Love your web site.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

Edited by - NellieBelle on Feb 25 2015 03:36:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  05:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice calf!

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  07:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kade, she's gorgeous! Don't you love it when the gamble and all the waiting pays off and you have the prize in your arms? I love all the paint on her. My paint, Sweetheart, will calve in another month. I hope I get what you got. Congrats!

Ron, she's from live cover, a bull named Adam. My bull Cassidy is with Kade and has a couple of his other girls pregnant.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

tcboweevil

338 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  07:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shaa!
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  07:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love "Shaa," Theresa. Fun word.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  07:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! She's really cute, Valentine did a good job. ;)

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!
Go to Top of Page

kadebg1988

128 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  8:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Visit us online at www.upperdiamondfarm.com
Or like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/upperdiamondfarm
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  03:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kade, she is a honey. Love the picture of momma fussing over her new girl. Just beautiful. I am so happy for you. This is what one loves to see. Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

chives

313 Posts
Victoria
Shelton WA
usa

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  06:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She looks like a little sweetie. Hug for her.

A cow is the heart of a farm
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  06:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just looked at your website, I wish I would have found that when I was looking for my cow! Nobody had pedigrees, I had to ask for them! You have a VERY professional website, and it looks good too!

A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds than any other one thing - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I live on a small farm of seventy acres called Green Forest Farm, with 10 horses, a donkey, 5 beef cows, 2 beef heifers, 3 Hereford heifers, around 60 chickens, 8 dogs, my amazing cow, AppleButter, and her little Jersey calf HoneyButter!
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  07:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked out a Name: Amora, Latin, Love. Kind of ties in with Valentine wouldn't you say? LOL.

Go to Top of Page

kadebg1988

128 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  11:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  11:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a touching photo. Momma Valentine, little heifer, and your young ones. I can't get over how small the calf is. She is tiny. Adorable, thanks so much for posting.

Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  12:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a beautiful photo.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  12:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful photos of a beautiful little heifer! Your facebook page also has some great photos! Thank you for sharing.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

Mike

1667 Posts
Mike
Argyle WI
United States of America

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  4:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Family, so important. When you don't have a family sometimes it is rough out there.

Beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

tcboweevil

338 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  04:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww! So cute!
Go to Top of Page

kadebg1988

128 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  12:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOOOPS, We were wrong about the daddy! Thank goodness for Microsoft Excel. Adam you are not the father. BOAZ you are the father. Stinking escapee. None the less, he's burger and I got an adorable little heifer out of the deal.

Visit us online at www.upperdiamondfarm.com
Or like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/upperdiamondfarm
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  12:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Boaz reminds me of a muscle builder. He's all one giant muscle. Yes, your little heifer calf is adorable. What size is Boaz, may I ask? Mid, Mini, Full? I love his coloring. Almost striated. Cool.

Go to Top of Page

kadebg1988

128 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  12:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He was a brindle marked 75% Miniature Jersey, he was 41.5" at the withers, quite small but quite muscular. He has a dab of dexter in him.
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  12:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Kade. Well, he's definitely all bull. I guess he proved that already. :)

Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015

1156 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  1:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Strong bull, looks tough.

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  2:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a stately looking bull! Glad you found out exactly who the bull was that fathered the heifer. Any name yet?

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: