Chit Chat and Daily Weather Report
 August and HOT!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

maryjane

6890 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2020 :  08:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning! Let me just say it's been HOT! but today the temps have finally dropped a tad. It's no longer 95 degrees sitting at my desk but a frigid 81. It's not supposed to get HOT! again this coming first week of August, not that my garden hasn't loved the heat--it reveled in it. And my silly Jerseys often laid in the sun rather than the shade (I've never been able to understand that.)

Our little Rosetta is finally allowing us to lead her for walks around the farm and is coming into the parlor for grain.

Daisy is still giving us plenty of milk. Soon I'll be weaning Rosetta since she's taking all of her mama Buttercup's milk presently. Rosetta is three months old.

My leaf cutter bee board is a busy place.

My hydrangeas are giving them lots to go for.

And the honey continues to flow. I've lost track of the gallons I've harvested so far, something like 12.

Connie caught a swarm at her place and brought it to me. They seem to have settled in nicely.

Hope all is well with you and yours. Today, we'll be working on some of our B&B construction projects. Our moth-balled shower house is on today's agenda.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: