Hello from NORTHERN California
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

CarltonWR

1 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2020 :  08:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
We have a small ranch-in-progress in the eastern mountains of Shasta county. I’ve been a huge fan fan of “Milk Cow Kitchen” for a couple of years. If I would have read it before we bought our first cow, I probably would have tried to get a small jersey. We ended up with Irish Dexters because of their size and reputation for easy calving. It’s probably a good thing since shortly after we got our cow, I ended up having to go back to work for a couple of years. Our Dexter‘s have never been milked but have given us some nice beef over the last few years. However, my desire to make cheese is back! Whether I ever milk my cows or not, I have access to wonderful raw milk from a local dairy. I look forward to learning! Thank you!

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2020 :  10:32:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome! We're so very pleased to meet you.

Just yesterday, I was sorting through the cheeses in one of our refrigerator cheese cellars and lovin' each one with an extra pat. Cheese tends to be our specialty, so ask away once you get started. And thank you for buying/reading Milk Cow Kitchen. It was truly a labor of love.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: