Hello from the Idaho Palouse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

TonyMan

12 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  10:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys and Gals,
Just got done milking our jersey, Clover. I'm excited to learn all about Jersey Cows and Bulls. Basically anything having to do with Heritage Jerseys. My parents and I moved out to the countryside a few years back and have been loving it ever since. We've had horses and chickens and goats (oh my!) But more recently my parents and I have been attending to our Jersey, a Guernsey, Goats, Chickens and a nice bull calf, soon to be a steer, named Humble. Today I set up panels for our next adventure. Because tomorrow I will be getting a bull, Sir Anthony, from MaryJanes Farm. Life is never dull.
Oh and btw I am Cloversmum's son.
Thanks for letting me join.
Blessings
Ethan

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  04:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Ethan. Glad you will be joining in on the conversations. It's nice to see how folks are doing and how they are handling new situations that arise. (And they will arise.) Thrilled that you are enjoying the farm life and starting your own bovine herd. Will love hearing your adventures and sharing your stories as we all grow and learn. And, again congratulations with your soon to be new bull, Sir Anthony. (Tony).

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  05:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ethan, the Texan of the group here. I met you in July when I stopped by to meet your mom with Mary jane. Nice to have an energetic and positive young man join the group. I look forward to following your breeding and future herd as you get years under your belt. And I am sure I will learn a thing or two from you.

Take care, and blessings!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

GingerBKelly

274 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  06:39:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Ethan. This is Ginger, from Massachusetts. I'm sure you'll love it on this forum. I really look forward to hearing more about your horses and chickens and goats (oh my!) and especially about your adventures with your cows, and Sir Anthony.

I agree, on the farm (especially with Heritage Jerseys), it's a totally awesome - never a dull moment sort of lifestyle, isn't it?

~Ginger Kelly, Kelly Homestead Apiary, Charlton, MA~

gingerbkelly@gmail.com
When a cow laughs, does milk come out her nose? ~Author Unknown

Check us out on FB: https://www.facebook.com/KellyHomesteadApiary/

Edited by - GingerBKelly on Oct 01 2015 06:40:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  08:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Ethan and again welcome! Nick won't be here today to help us load Tony so we're on our own. He's leaving in a few minutes to drive to Worden to pick up organic dehydrated potatoes. I have six magazine pages that absolutely must get done today. After Tony is loaded, I'm gonzo. I'm wondering how moo sounds with a Texas accent. See mooy'all later.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  08:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, this is pretty cool to log on and discover your own son introducing himself! What warms my heart is to have you love the farm stuff even more than myself (not sure if that is even possible!) and it will be fun to see you take it to the next level.

This is a pretty great group as you already know as you always hear me talking about it!

Now to go get Mr. Tony today! MJ, my hubby is going with Ethan this morning so at least you'll have another person to help. Hope it all goes quick!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: