Barnyard Buddies
 Animal Love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  2:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not only did hubby and I travel 1,200 miles to adopt little purr tom Jasper Tomkins, Janet and son, Colton, traveled 1,800 miles to deliver him!!!! They graciously met up with us near Billings where we were scheduled to pick up our bull Samson, born 4/11/2011 (he'd been housed at Genex for semen collection the last two months). I still can't believe the drive they pulled off, through the night, through several states. Saying "thanks" just doesn't say enough or convey how grateful we are. Maybe lots of Jasper Tomkins updates will convey how grateful we are.

Here's Samson loaded up and looking West, home bound.

After arriving home last night and dropping him off to sleep in his own bed and roam his own pasture, he rolled in the dirt; life seemed so good again.

Job well done Samson! Genex said things like, "Every now and then we get a dreamboat bull. Samson was a gentleman and did exactly as he was asked. His libido and sperm concentrate were amazing. If you'd wanted, we could have easily put aside 5,000 straws on this guy."

Here's Jasper Tomkins waking up in his new home.

"Oh, great, my new mom has a Canon too. I know what that means."

"How about I work it?"

"Can I go back to sleep now?"

"No? Okay, just a quick paws, a morning stretch and ...

how about I drop off the bed head first?"

Janet, everyone here is madly in love with JT. Lots and lots of petting and purring. Why work when you can give a new kitten plenty of well-deserved love. We promise more pics soon. Thank you Janet for raising the purrfect cat.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  3:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for sharing! Not bad for a family that put off a kitty for so long. Worth the wait. Really great of Janet to get it up to you guys. I guess you find out who your friends are over time!
By the way, the bull is awesome.

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  3:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know what's really cool is that when I first called them, they told me they don't accept dairy bulls into the program because they can be difficult and dangerous to work with. I begged them by telling them he was well-behaved, and I promised them he'd be good and agreeable. (I think some of their bad arse reputation comes from dairy bulls that have been too isolated and/or mistreated.) Ha, he was their "dreamboat bull."

Heritage Jerseys!!! Changing notions, one good cow, one good bull at a time!

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  4:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello MaryJane. So glad you all arrived home safe and sound and Samson and JT are home. Can't get much better than that. Samson sure looks good, and the pics of Jasper Tomkins are too cute and brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for him. I know he will thrive and be a very happy and handsome boy. Thanks MJ. You're the best ever. Love meeting up with you both and being able to chat a bit in person. I'll never forget it. You and your husband were such a delight and just how I had imagined you to be. You make a beautiful couple. Jasper Tomkins updates welcomed. And keep us up to date on Samson too. Many, many thanks.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  5:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't guess you guys are a little proud of your prize Jersey a Bull or nothing are you? Lol....

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: