Chit Chat and Daily Weather Report
 Week of Monday July 30th
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2018 :  6:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THIS JUST IN! we MAY get to consumate the adoption Wednesday 8/8. hard for me to believe, it has been such a push getting everyone organized and then all of a sudden we find out today that a week from tomorrow we can go to the open docket to have it done.

no appointment, as that would take months to get on the court calendar, we go and sit in the "open session" and hope they call our case. but they say the adoption cases are given priority as they are happy… and there isn’t much happy in the court!

keep your fingers crossed. it is all hinging on them finding our FBI fingerprints as CPS lost them… so if they can find them tomorrow or thursday we are on for next week.

will keep y'all posted!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  07:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Cindy! Well, that is happy and encouraging news. I hope all goes positively and soon you have the legalities all behind you. How did Miss Bea come out? Are all the cow gals doing well? Darla is progressing slowly we believe. It's a wait and watch time and hope her body handles the excess fluid without complications. May you all have a wonderful week.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  3:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's so exciting, Cindy! I needed a little happy and encouraging. This is what I went out to in the corrals yesterday.

I cringe to even think of how that could happen. My best guess is that either Elli stepped on it while she was getting up or one of our other cows did. I will start a new topic in vet care to talk about it.
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  05:38:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to put a post-it on my screen over Elle's injured teat because it was making me queasy.

Cindy, 8/8 is it!!!!!!! You will have all my heart and thoughts with you next Wednesday. Please let us know. My daughter participated in one of those courthouse sessions (one of many friends who showed up to support the parents). It was such a happy change from the usual that Meg said the judge shed a few tears.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

Boots&Flipflops

499 Posts
Darla

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  07:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cindy, best wishes to you and your family. Fingers are crossed for a wonderful outcome. If you and Patrick were printed digitally there should be no reason they can't pull them up within a matter of minutes. Digital prints do not get lost, trust me. Did tons of them when I was with the Sheriff's Dept.
I think we are all holding our breath, as it is definitely time for you all to have this done and over.

To Succeed In This Life You Need Three Things: A Backbone, A Wish Bone and a Funny Bone. As quoted by Reba McEntire
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  6:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ladies! greetings from houston, the big city! girls and i came down here this morning to do the passport circuit, i got all the required documentation we needed and got them vetted at the passport court clerk, and then officially sent off from the expediate passport agency.. cross your fingers.

elli's teat was stomach churning for me. will get my tummy better prepared to read that post. ouch and uggh!! poor girl...

so adoption is till on for wed 8/8, keep your fingers crossed. the issue is that the CPS agencies in both counties use one fbi system/report, whereas for some reason the attorneys are saying the report is not the full report that they always see. so CPS on both girls side and our side is flabberghasted.. to make things more confusing, we are adopting in a different region than we are from so we have inter-regional conflicts. but the attorneys are going to the judge tomorrow and asking him to approve the fbi report CPS has so we can make sure there is no reason to reject us on wednesday.

hoping maryjane is doing better after her hospital stay, that is scary. my sinus issues are taken care of and i am on the med, just in time.

goodnight ladies, sleep tight!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

Boots&Flipflops

499 Posts
Darla

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  6:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope everyone is doing well. We are just busy.

Cindy & MaryJane, I hope you two are feeling better. I don't know what hit me in March, pneumonia or what, but it took a good 3 months to completely get over it.

With fires all around us (not to close) we have had nothing but grey skies for days. Lots of smoke smell as well. I wish I could flip flop the weather map for a few day. Get some rain out west and some drier days for the folks back east getting to much rain.

Cindy, hope all goes well next week and you can go on your trip and just relax and enjoy your family. When you have time and want to chat you are welcome to get a hold of me any time about the beef cows. They are such loves, and yes they cross with Jerseys just wonderful.

Had to finally pick a ranch name for paperwork. It's hard to figure out one that you really like and want to have for the long run. After lots of tossing names around I finally came up with "Jade Ranch" It stands for :
Jerseys, Aubracs, Dorpers & Everything else. LOL

Well it's darn near 7, but I get to go irrigate at last. We get water when we get it from the irrigation district. On the bright side it is not 2 a.m. this time.

Blessings to All

To Succeed In This Life You Need Three Things: A Backbone, A Wish Bone and a Funny Bone. As quoted by Reba McEntire
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2018 :  10:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks darla for the kind words! i think your ranch name is lovely, and i LOVE the "everything else" at the end!

back home from houston. got suitcases emptied, laundry sorted and started, bills paid and now trying to prepare for next week. my work is suffering due to all my personal stuff right now, but unfortunately i have a few of those "MUST DO" deadlines that i have to be dead to miss... so hoping to get that done tonight/tomorrow.

i hope the teat girl is better, as well as pneumonia girl, and that everyone is doing great. take care!

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2018 :  11:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all! Good to see and hear things are moving along and progress being made. I too like the name you picked for your ranch Darla. I can't help but wonder how Elli is doing and hope she heals up good. I put up sweet corn and it's in the freezer, and we're eating on summer garden produce. Cool day here and I'm almost chilled, but it feels better than the unforgiving heat we've had. Now it's a road trip to go get organic alfalfa hay for my gals. Enjoy your weekend!

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

Edited by - NellieBelle on Aug 04 2018 11:09:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2018 :  07:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hope your road trip goes well Janet. i find road trips a time for relaxation most of the time, and it does keep you mostly out of the heat if you have nice a/c.

we are off to a bday party today, my cousin a few hours away has twins turning 8 so our girls love to play with them. nice to have other kids in the family in the same age range as all my nieces are over 20 now.

lover boy and i enjoyed coffee outside this morning. even though august is hot, we do enjoy the mornings turning just a bit cooler - mid-70s so it seems wonderful at this time of year! nice to escape outside and let the girls have a bit of madness inside while we enjoy the quite.

all our cows are doing great. bea's "something" in the milk turned out to be nothing, so glad about that. the only time she had mastitis before was when we weaned the calf, so i'll be hyper vigilant this fall when we do that. of course, we anticipate that the process may start while we are in ireland in september and it is possible we'll come back to her being dried off. not ideal, but i cant stress about it. what will be will be. our local guy that helps out around the farm wants to milk, but i am just not real sure about that. i think someone that doesn't quite get it could do more harm milking than if we just let nature take its course. right now we can leave the calf on bea for 2-3 days and still have milk production, but we dont do that often as it does reduce the overall amount we get. but we do skip one day of milking and leave the calf on her about every four days, whatever works with our schedule.

gearing up for a big week so we'll see how it pans out. take care everyone, stay cool.

Go to Top of Page

farmlife

1413 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2018 :  8:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elli's teat is pretty much the same. Honestly I have no idea how it is going to heal. She seems like she could calve anytime, but now we have to take into consideration what the calf management looks like. I really don't know if I should leave them unsupervised. It could be interesting.

Any news on the adoption, Cindy?
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  08:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an injury, Keeley. Hard to imagine how that will work for her calf. Have you considered milking her three teats and then bottle feeding the calf? I've never minded bottle-feeding--just part of the routine.

Darla, I like the name Jade Ranch, especially the clever things each letter stands for. How is Lacy Lou doing? There was a woman who was active on here a while back who is an Aubrac breeder. Here's her introductory post:
https://heritagejersey.org/chatroom/topic.asp?whichpage=0.92&TOPIC_ID=721

Cindy, I think we're all holding our breath until we hear from you after Wed. Also, happy to hear all your cows are good and Bea is clear.

Janet, pulling for a full recovery for Darla.

I'm finally getting back in the saddle. It wasn't until day before yesterday that I felt significantly better. Yeah!

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: