Chit Chat and Daily Weather Report
 Tuesday Evening, June 19 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2018 :  9:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Clover, the overseer, approved the gravel delivery today. I'm so glad we have such competent help!

But I did think that the dairy barn was going to be a bit bigger...and red!

Perhaps that will give everyone a smile before bed tonight! Good night all.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  06:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Small is beautiful and teal is a good color, but ...

Beautiful sky and Clover in your pic, Charlene. Who is your barn builder this time around?

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2018 :  07:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning MaryJane,

We are having different builders help with different parts of it ... we are the contractors this time around. The barn structure itself will be built by http://clearybuilding.com/. They will be building only the basic shell with two large roll up doors and a people door. The rest will be completed by us so we can design the stall doors where and how we want them. Another builder who specializes in concrete and floors will be doing the barn floor for us after we trench for water, electricity, drains, barbar-A waterers, etc. It is a very big project this summer! But will be so lovely to milk all my animals under the same roof and Cecily & I will be able to drive down to it with our side-by-side from our garage directly inside the new barn! How's that for fancy farm life?! That way I can be caretaker of daughter and farm animals successfully. The work is to begin officially in another day! We will see ...

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: