News of Cowcern
 MaryJane on HIATUS until May 21
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2018 :  1:17:08 PM  Show Profile
On May 6, I turn 65. As a gift to myself, I’ve decided to go missing from most of my daily endeavors from now until Monday, May 21. I’m going to give my desk a good cleaning, close the screen on my laptop, and walk away. I want to revisit the unscheduled/quiet/uncluttered daily-ness of my younger, more eremitish self. I want to spend more time with my grandgirls, hang out and twirl with them. Forty winks and a campfire, here I come. When I return, I hope to see your smiling, cherished faces again. I will no doubt miss the incredible educational/inspirational chit-chat we've shared here over the years, but a little voice called down-time is tugging at me right now.

Janet, I checked Bayard's weather this morning. It's looking better than ours. I've been worried about your bees, but it's looking hopeful. And if Nellie has a girl, I will no doubt here that clap of thunder all the way out here in Idaho.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
  Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: