Welcome Wagon
 Hello from Canada
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

GinghamGirl

19 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2018 :  6:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm from Canada (Prince Edward Island). We have a hobby farm with goats, pigs, chickens, turkeys and, of course, jersey cows. My jersey, Daisy, had a calf in September, which we named Buttercup. I'm looking forward to being part of this group and learning more.

Joyce Hein
(GinghamGirl)

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2018 :  7:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well hello Joyce! It's wonderful to have you join us. How is your daughter's egg business going?

I have a 5-year-old Jersey that I have to dry up next month because she's going to have another calf, a girl, that my grandgirls have decided will be named Buttercup. And my cow's name? Miss Daisy!

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  03:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to HJO Joyce. What are the odds you two ladies would have a Cow named Daisy and the heifer calf named Buttercup? Look forward to visiting with you on the chatroom. Always a pleasure to meet new folks on HJO.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl

19 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  08:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's really neat we share the same cow names, MaryJane. My daughter's egg business is doing really well - despite the -30 C (-22 F) weather lately! She's inspired by the Young Cultivator badges to build her business ;)

Joyce Hein
(GinghamGirl)
Go to Top of Page

Boots&Flipflops

499 Posts
Darla

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  09:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce,

Pardon my tardy welcome.

We are so glad to have you join the HJO family, as I call it.

I have only been on board here for 7 months and can tell you that I have learned more than my pea brain can process at times. Read all the past posts on all the wonderful topics over and over.

I just purchased my first Little Jersey "Lacy Lou" in November. She came for non other than yours truly "MaryJane" and she is a love. I could not be happier. She is also due to calf in February, so very excited.

Sorry to hear you cow has an issue with one of her udder quarters. Hoping something will help you clear that up.

Have a Wonderful Day
Sincerely, Darla

To Succeed In This Life You Need Three Things: A Backbone, A Wish Bone and a Funny Bone. As quoted by Reba McEntire
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl

19 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  10:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Darla! Thanks for the warm welcome. I will look through and read all the discussion. A first calf is SO exciting! My cow had her calf in September :) It was so exciting!

Joyce Hein
(GinghamGirl)
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: