Chit Chat and Daily Weather Report
 Good Sunday Morning!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2017 :  04:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone! Had a very noisy night. Lightning and thunder that brought me straight out of bed. I'm hoping all is okay, and I will check things out once it gets light, as well as how much rain we received. Caren, that is a cute sign. Darla, hope your drive is a pleasant one and you reached your location without further problems. And Cindy, may your day be one of calm and joy before the girls set off for school tomorrow. What an adventure. Joe and I made through part of the ride yesterday with the help of friends, as Joe is still getting his bike legs. Nice day and all, but we had to get back so I could let Ranger out and we do have cows to milk so... Have a wonderful day ahead! Dinner plate dahlia!

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

Boots&Flipflops

499 Posts
Darla

Posted - Aug 20 2017 :  12:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Dinner Plate Dahlia Janet, my Dad grew those.

Well, after the mishap and 4 new tires, we made it to Salem last night:)
It's such lovely weather. Nice and cool, as we are only an hour from the coast and Lincoln City where the eclipse starts in the morning.

Miss Caren, I love the sign. I just recently had a conversation with Becky about all the wonderful things that come from precious milk. If you really stop and think about it, it's amazing. Thanks for trying the Panzella, we had some the other night with Bbq'd ribs. Yum!

Loving Oregon and hate to head back tomorrow already, but hubby has a meeting Tuesday mor ing, so it is what it is.

Going to finally open my Cast Iron cookbook. Can't wait to see what's inside!

Wishing you all a Wonderful Day !

To Succeed In This Life You Need Three Things: A Backbone, A Wish Bone and a Funny Bone. As quoted by Reba McEntire
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2017 :  1:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you are traveling with 4 new tires and at your destination Darla. Enjoy every moment. Peaches, peaches, peaches. Gave away three more boxes of beautiful peaches, I made jam today, and also more for the freezer, so if nothing else, we will have plenty of peaches to eat. Ha! You are going to love the Cast Iron book Darla. Hope everyone is having a peaceful and pleasant afternoon. I'm due for a nap.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2017 :  4:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Sunday afternoon,

We are looking forward to viewing the eclipse right here on our little hill. It won't be total but we will be thrilled with the 96% that is predicted. None of us wanted to deal with all the crowds of people!

We have oodles of milk now!! I could send some to Cindy and Darla easily! And our sweet Betsy gave us five gallons just yesterday! I'm so thrilled with her! And I'm very pleased to have sold her bull calf last week. I checked with his new owners and he immediately bonded with his new mama and nursing is going great. So he gets good milk, and we don't have to share! But our fridge is overflowing with milk! A good problem to have. I need to find someone who has some good kefir grains as I'd like to get that going again as I will have a steady supply of milk now.

Here's my trio of super milkers ...

And all of our milk!

Caren, where did you find that great sign about happiness and cow's milk? It's very cute.

Cindy, I think of you so often these days and love all your updates. We also get lots of looks and I've found if I just smile really big and look right at those people in the eye, I usually end up with a smile in return.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens

Edited by - CloversMum on Aug 20 2017 4:15:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  06:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your three girls are so beautiful Charlene. Pat yourself on the back.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: