Milking
 Milking on the right side of the cow.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  09:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know when milking as a young girl, grandpa always milked cows from their right side. Is it imperative to milk from that side or may a person milk from the left side? I have three stanchions but feel better if Sienna isn't right next to me while I'm milking Nellie. I put her in a stanchion furthest away by the other wall, which means I would have to milk her from the left. Any thoughts?

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  10:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it might be whatever you are used to and whatever you are set up to do and the cow goes with it. I know I milk either side but usually the right.

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  10:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that's good to know. This will work out pretty good then. It might be awkward if I were hand milking her but where I just put a bottle up to her teat it should work fine. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Ron

4666 Posts
Ronnie
Peever SD
USA

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  12:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should be fine Janet. I sometimes have to even milk the back teats from the back also...I must have a patient cow.

With a moo moo here and a moo moo there, here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: