It's a GIRL!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  09:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meet Sissy Lizzy.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  12:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a unique, gorgeous tail. Fawn/red, then white, then black & white, then red.

The girls are about to bottle feed her.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  12:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she's adorable! she is going to be so attached to those sweet girls, what a wonderful future to look forward to.

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  1:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Janet mentioned picnics this morning. Yesterday, the girls asked me for a quilt (that could get dirty) and a picnic basket, but it's raining today so instead we have the quilt in the milking parlor spread out with grandgirls and ... Lizzy (Elizabeth, proper). They changed her name. My phone is dead from so many photos but I took a bunch more of the girls feeding her, etc. They are totally jumping in with both feet. Really taking charge of it all. Love it. We're hatching a plan to camp out with her in sleeping bags, although I did point out they have school tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  1:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, jersey brown with cream!!! "there once was a little girl, she had a little curl, right on the end of her tail." She is so pretty! Stella and Mia are so attentive. What a wonderful experience. Lizzy will get plenty of "lovin" for sure. Ester Lily is doing okay? Why is it school gets in the way of our camp out? Maybe a evening of camping out. Congratulations on your little heifer ladies! Now that's the way to spend a Sunday!

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  3:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have to say that with the weather here i thought it was summer already. school surely does get in the way!

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  3:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colostrum down the hatch, 3/4 of a bottle.

I'm just up for some tea. The girls have been massaging her hind end (Stella asked me to wet the towel so it would mimic her momma's tongue) to get the meconium passed. Let's just say the girls were great about the BIG passes, several of them. Next, I told them it will be bright yellow. The girls will feed her again in about an hour--the last of the colostrum we milked out. Ester Lily is fine and sleeping right outside the door. Seems fine with us kidnapping little Lizzy.

Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  5:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just perfect. Joe was filling the bird feeders when I went out to tell him that Ester Lily had a little girl and her name is Lizzy, and I told him she was jersey brown and cream. We love the two-colored cows. Lizzy is marked so pretty. It's so fun to see the girls feeding and talking to the little darling, and even taking care of the big passes. Sweetness abounds.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

SLynn

25 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  12:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's so sweet! Beautiful color and I love the pictures. Good job girls! :)
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2017 :  9:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I'm watching Clover very closely these few days, I have to say a big thank you for all the great pictures, MaryJane. It helps so much!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: