Emergency! Vet Care
 Manuka honey.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  07:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: I had posted that Nellie has a sore medial/anterior of her udder. It was about the size of a quarter with necrotic tissue surrounding it and it didn't look good. I had tried a couple of things before I decided to use the Manuka honey on the area, twice daily after cleansing with Betadine surgical scrub water, that I use to wash the udder. I must say I am quite impressed with the results. The manuka honey cleaned the area up and it was more like the size of a lemon once the honey had removed the necrotic tissue. I didn't apply any honey yesterday to see how it would look, and as of this morning, it looks dry and is trying to form a scab. I will keep a close watch on it but I am definitely keeping Manuka honey on hand for sores and any mastitis issues. (which I hope never appear).

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  08:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
janet, i had never heard of it until you mentioned manuka honey last week. i appreciate all your experience and for giving us all another tool for our homesteads. and so glad that your nellie seems to be on the mend.

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2016 :  08:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was really ill and couldn't get relief from Doctors and conventional medicine, I had to start researching on my own to get me where I've gotten to today. It's been a long, arduous journey. That's how I discovered the Manuka honey. I have found many things that are so simple and easy but not known by most laypersons or even those with medical knowledge. I say each his own, when seeking results for illness and maladies, but discovering healthier alternatives have been a life saver for me. Hopefully it will be of benefit to my animals as well. My mantra, "do no harm."

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: