Recipes
 Cinnamon Roll Swirl Cake.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  09:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This recipe was on a friend's Facebook page and they really bragged it up so I had to try it to see if it was as good as all the hype. I was delighted. That's 1+1/2 cups of milk.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown

Edited by - NellieBelle on Mar 03 2016 09:18:11 AM

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  10:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yummo. Ashley and me, we're on it!

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  10:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh my, its even a quick bread! let us know mary jane, i could almost be convinced to whip this up tonight ;>

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  10:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I chopped up a few pecans and added them in the topping.

Go to Top of Page

Ashley

167 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  2:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, yum! It looks like a big fritter!

Ashley (MaryJane's DIL)
MaryJanesFarm Food Guru
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  3:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was afraid it would be a gooey mess with all that butter, but the cake is nice, not gooey at all, and the crumbling on top is really nice. It reminds me of a bundt coffee cake, but not in the bundt cake pan.

Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  5:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so its a winner? i will try to find time to make this on the weekend. i am a sucker for anything cinnamon.

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  5:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me put it this way, there are a couple of pieces left. It's a keeper, but I probably won't make it that often, because we would eat it. ;)

Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  6:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks janet. if i can get the time i'll make it, and put half of it in the freezer vacumn packed for another day. we are bad about sweets, if they exist on the counter or cupboard we will consume them... but out of sight out of mind !

Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  1:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are having company this weekend, so this is on the menu. From the comments above it looks like a good one for company so all will be eaten! And it won't be by me. :) Thank you for sharing Janet.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  5:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess what I have in the oven right at this moment?! We will see if it turns out ... but I tell you, the Cinnamon Swirl cake smells delicious as it is baking.

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  08:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The final product, so delicious! Definitely only make when others are around so you aren't tempted to eat more than you should.

Go to Top of Page

maryjane

7072 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  10:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking it's a good thing Ashley didn't get one made on Friday, given it's so rainy and cold today and it would go so well with a late cup of coffee, or several.

MaryJane Butters, author of Milk Cow Kitchen ~ striving for the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain ~
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  10:42:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cake is already gone here! I went to get a small piece after a long goat kidding day today and discovered it had been devoured already! Definitely a repeat recipe. Thank you, Janet.

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: