New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Topic
Page: of 3

NellieBelle

11214 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  09:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where's your sense of adventure Charlene. Have Owen make you a privacy screen using pallets, hang potted flowers on the outside to spruce or potted herbs that you can pick and put in your tub water. If there's a will there's a way.

To laugh is human but to moo is bovine. Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Shaina

32 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  10:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My goodness everyone. You are all so funny! I love this chatroom.:)
I absolutely love the pictures of the outdoor bathing areas!!! Yet another great book to ad to my collection! Yay!! Thank you Carol.:)
MaryJane, wow. How amazing! You are officially my idol. :)
My mom is putting together a bake house, and is wanting to ad an outdoor bathing area onto it, along with bunks. She will need a copy of MaryJanes book as well.

Cindy, I wish we lived closer. I would love to see your place! Such great ideas you have!

As far as privace goes, curtains could be hung, or lattice with some climbing plants. Oh my goodness. Starry night, reclining in a steamy clawfoot tub. I would need 2, one for me and one for my hubby. :) Uh oh, then there are the kids. I suppose we might have to take turns. Bath the kids and put them to bed. Then relax under the stars. :)

Go to Top of Page

txbikergirl

3197 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  3:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry i missed all the fun around here since yesterday morning ;>

charlene, when we went to pickup the girls from mary jane's farm lover boy was informed that by me we would be staying two nights and sleeping and bathing outside. he's a camper at heart, but a modest camper. even living 15 years with me where clothing is considered optional he hasn't quite got the hang of that. well, he found true love with that outdoor tub and forgot all about modesty. just put the tub on the darkest side of your house and only use it at night - problem solved. or janet's ideas about owen's assistance are brilliant as well.

shaina, thanks for letting us all hijack your post !

Firefly Hollow Farm , our little farmstead. Farmgirl living in the green piney woods of East Texas on 23 acres with a few jerseys, too many chickens, a pair of pugs and my Texan hubby (aka "lover boy")
Go to Top of Page

CloversMum

3486 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2016 :  11:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You all are great! Love the idea of herbs growing right next to the tub so you can pick fresh leaves and blossoms to add to your outdoor bath! I'd like it to be a little less obvious than a curtain though :) so Owen will need to figure something out!

Loving life and family on our Idaho farm, Meadowlark Heritage Farm; A few Jersey cows; a few alpacas; a few more goats, and even more ducks and chickens
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: